[aerogear-dev] AeroGear Android 1.0.1 - Under staging repository

Karel Piwko kpiwko at redhat.com
Fri Jun 7 04:55:27 EDT 2013

On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 12:04:20 -0300
Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org> wrote:

> We wrote that a long long time ago. Would be really nice to hear your
> thoughts.
>
> We do not promote first, we stage it first. In this way people can test
> with the staging repository, if some bug are found we still have time to
> revert it.

This makes perfect sense. I'm proposing following scheme

1/ locally update a component
2/ stage
3/ locally update all that depend/help testing on 1/ (examples, tests with
different lifecycle, etc.)
4/ test, if failed return to 1/
5/ promote (move staged to JBoss Nexus/Maven Central)
6/ push 1/ and every 3/ into aerogear repos

The only difference w.r.t current scheme iirc, would be that 6/ is always done
at last, not right after 1/ and 3/.

Pros is that git repositories can be build all the time, cons
is that developers/testers need to update 3/ by themselves. Depends on how many
manual testing is about to be done, not a problem with automation in place :-)