[aerogear-dev] [Unified Push] Java Sender API

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 03:25:44 EDT 2013

Hi,
I start looking at the repo. I have some general questions and then more
(not that much implementation detailed ;) ) specific  proposals

*  Is our final goal to propose an implementation that we really want the
developers to use or is it more providing a reference implementation of the
sender API and developer will most of the time implement their own ?

* How are we going to secure the API ?

* The API looks like now "fire & forget", do we plan to change that ? I can
imagine that people using the sender need to have some "feedback/return
value/response" to manage their flows ?

* You say one will go away, why is that ? Do we want to lean toward a
single implementation ? We could propose different ones (and in different
language, like a vertx mod client)

So, now a bit more specific :
I've been forking your repo :
https://github.com/sebastienblanc/ag-java-sender/tree/refactoring

To factor more code and make the sender API really unit testable (running
without any server) I've moved a bit things and introduced a sort of Client
interface that will implement really the http client we will use, this
client is then injected in the sender interface.
With Arquillian should be easy to add real integration tests.

Let's discuss !
Sebi