[aerogear-dev] AeroGear Security and PicketBox Beta4

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 04:51:27 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org>wrote:

> Sebastien Blanc wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org
> > <mailto:bruno at abstractj.org>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi Sebi, probably Dan's e-mail was misread by most of the people on
> this
> >     mailing list. The future of Controller is not uncertain, as far as I
> >     know Dan would like to deprecate the REST bits only.
> >

> > Yea, it's not totally clear, as I mentioned on the other thread, I'm
> > wondering how to use our client libs without the controller REST bits
> > ...  But maybe I'm missing something obvious here.
>
> With JAX-RS only? Or another kind of technology?

Any kind of "rest" based technology that fits our clients bits (which are
rest based for now right ?)

> >     AG Controller and Security are totally decoupled in nowadays, but if
> you
> >     face with any kind of issue, please, let me know.
> >

> > I was just wondering how to use ag security on a "vanilla" JEE app using
> > jax-rs for instance, where does the security bits come into play (on the
> > endpoints ?) ?
>
> We did it in the past on TODO app. Is just a matter of revisit, if you
> need something to scaffold with pure JAX-RS and security, just file a
> jira to me. I can handle it.

The thing is that I don't have control on the forge rest plugin, so
wondering if we could add a "security layer" without touching the endpoints
(but while writing this I see it do not make sense as the rest endpoints
are invoked directly ... hum , have to think about it)