[aerogear-dev] "application/json; charset=utf-8" not supported

Corinne Krych corinnekrych at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 16:47:00 EDT 2013

Hello Guys

Writing code for ProDoctor demo, on client side, I'm using Xcode template
for AGPush which is based on AFNetworking 121

When doing my login request in iOS I bumped into the issue of having
content type set to "application/json; charset=utf-8" whereas on routes
(backend) only "application/json" is set which causes this exception:

[application/json].': java.lang.RuntimeException: AG_CONTROLLER000012: No
Consumer found for Parameter: 'Parameter[type=ENTITY, type=class
org.aerogear.prodoctor.model.SaleAgent]'. The registered Consumers were:
'[JsonConsumer[mediaType=application/json]]'. Please add a Consumer for one
the media types supported by the route: [application/json].

at
org.jboss.aerogear.controller.util.ParameterExtractor.getConsumer(ParameterExtractor.java:152)
[aerogear-controller-1.0.1.jar:1.0.1]

at
org.jboss.aerogear.controller.util.ParameterExtractor.extractArguments(ParameterExtractor.java:70)
[aerogear-controller-1.0.1.jar:1.0.1]

I think we should support both  "application/json; charset=utf-8" and
 "application/json". /shall we open a JIRA on AeroGear Controller to
support both?

wdyt?

Corinne