[aerogear-dev] UnifiedPush - REST endpoints

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue Jun 18 07:54:51 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Karel Piwko <kpiwko at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 10:22:10 +0200
> Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > a little doc about the REST endpoints:
> > https://gist.github.com/matzew/73ec38d853863e7bb1dd
>
> Extremely helpful, thanks! I wish I'd found it before I was wondering why
> unified push server started returning 201 instead of 200.
>

> > I _think_ it would be nice IF the above "REST APIs" are also describing
> the
> > "params" and HTTP headers that are required.
> >
> > These are currently (at least for sending) described in here:
> > http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-push-messages/
> >
> > What do you think?
> > Should we merge the "message format" spec with the "Sender REST-API"
> > endpoint documentation?
>
> Wouldn't they make a nice cookbook together if merged?

+1000

I am currently on some security work, but I plan to merge the "message
format + REST API"

I think in three different "chapters"
* REST Management APIs (for creating PushApplication / Variant) (+ crud
workflow -> basically all used by the (future) Admin UI)
* REST Auth Endpoint (Login/Logout and "enroll")
* REST Sender (for sending push messages)
* REST "Device Registration" (for the MobileVariantInstances (aka
Installations))

That ensure the doc is not too long.....