[aerogear-dev] Push Authentication

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed Jun 19 00:30:34 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:42 AM, Douglas Campos <qmx at qmx.me> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 06:29:21PM -0400, Kris Borchers wrote:
> > JS can use anything for the user credential identifiers and I would
> > hope the other libs can too! That is just data you pass to the server
> > so it should be up to the app dev what the name is based on their
> > app's needs and the lib just passes it along. If that is hard coded in
> > the Android or iOS libs, IMO it should be changed.
> We can configure on the libs,

exactly - and it will be possible to configure

> but the defaults are inconsistent from my
> reading - and like we discussed ad nauseum in the past, defaults matter
> :)

The PushServer is based on AeroGear security 1.0.1, and AeroGearUser is
gone in there.
With the 1.0.1 + PL The "underlying" PL User uses "loginName".
With AeroGear-Sec 1.0.0 we had the AeroGear User, which used "username".

That's the entire explanation :)

Coming back to the point of "configuration", that's needed on Android and
iOS (like the JS bits) for the matter of the "user" in AeroGear-Shiro
is using "username" as well, while the PL "User" has "loginName".

-Matthias