[aerogear-dev] Android: Eclipse issue with the "Push"

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Fri Jun 21 10:31:13 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Summers Pittman <supittma at redhat.com>wrote:

>  Eclipse + Maven + Android is a series of long sighs best avoided.  The
> idea with the Android project is we declared the compile time dependencies
> for the application and they SHOULD be dropped into your /libs folder after
> running `mvn dependency:copy`.  After that Eclipse SHOULD pick them up
> correctly.

ah... ok. the "mvn dependency:copy" is missing on the README (will file a
JIRA/PR soon).

> The second half of this is making sure you download the Android support
> library.

Ok, not really sure what you mean here

> Could you post the content of your libs directory?

pluto:aerogear-android matzew$ ls -la libs/
total 4104
drwxr-xr-x   5 matzew  staff      170 Jun 21 16:24 .
drwxr-xr-x  17 matzew  staff      578 Jun 21 16:24 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 matzew  staff    13662 Jun 21 16:24 gcm-client-3.jar
-rw-r--r--   1 matzew  staff   189285 Jun 21 16:24 gson-2.2.2.jar
-rw-r--r--   1 matzew  staff  1891110 Jun 21 16:24 guava-13.0.1.jar

now.... the google collection dependencies are resolved.

Only that these are now continuing issues:

import android.app.Fragment;
import android.support.v4.app.FragmentActivity;
as well as the "import com.google.android.gms.gcm.GoogleCloudMessaging;"
(and some others)

-Matthias