[aerogear-dev] Project Meetings, Hangouts and Stuff

Kris Borchers kris at redhat.com
Mon Jun 24 09:42:26 EDT 2013

On Jun 24, 2013, at 8:35 AM, Jay Balunas <jbalunas at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> For the RichFaces project we used IRC meetings and I thought it worked out really well!  We used meetbot [1], so had nice minutes, and once you get used to the hashtags it becomes much more productive.  Another nice benefit is that language becomes less of an issue, and there is little worry about talking over each other.

I disagree that language is less of an issue. A lot of times I have found that discussions over the ML and IRC have fallen short and only the in person discussions resolved issues that were completely misunderstood over multiple e-mails and IRC discussions.

> As Qmx said we used to have IRC meetings and switched to hangout, but I think it is best if we switch back.
>
> As for time the meetings take, I actually think we can get through the agenda quicker in some cases.

My point wasn't the agenda length but the amount of items that get discussed because they are sparked by other items on the agenda. Many of those discussion have been invaluable and I feel they will be lost moving to IRC meetings.

> So for today lets go with it, and we can post the link to the logs to the mailing list as well.

We'll see how it goes but I have my reservations.