[aerogear-dev] [JS] Notifier Branch: (unified)pushServerURL

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue Jun 25 08:24:50 EDT 2013

Hi,

looking at the "unifiedpush" JavaScript sources, I see assumptions on the
(unified)pushServerURL in [1] and [2].

Since there is a zero chance that a SimplePush-enabled "Web App" will be
served from the UnifiedPush Server, IMO we should remove the default and
add a JS check if the (unified)pushServerURL has been configured.

However, I am not 100% sure if that effects the "original" (aka native)
JavaScript SimplePush API that Mozilla is working on.

Yes, I know this is all early and focus was never on this. I just noticed
it, and therefore raising the question now. So that we can at least think
about it :-)

Greetings,
Matthias

[1]