[aerogear-dev] Push Endpoints

Apostolos Emmanouilidis aemmanou at redhat.com
Thu Jun 27 09:30:52 EDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-06-27 at 14:00 +0200, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Lucas Holmquist <lholmqui at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>         I've been looking at the endpoints of the push server a little
>         more since coding the Admin UI, and i see that for "updates"
>         and "deletes", the response is "no content"
>

>         for example:
>         https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unified-push-server/blob/master/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/connectivity/rest/registry/applications/PushApplicationEndpoint.java#L117
>

>         I wasn't sure what we should be returning here.
>

>         I'd imagine for update we would want to return the update
>         entity
>

> yes, that could be an option. I am fine with that
>

>         but what about for delete?  In the case of deleting a "Push
>         Application",  should we return the new list of Push
>         Applications?
>

> I think... 204 does match the "HTTP spec". But I am OK with receving
> something else :-)

+1 for 204

Status 200 with completely empty response body will fail when using
jQuery Ajax and the data type is JSON. [2]: <<As of jQuery 1.9, an empty
response is also rejected; the server should return a response of null
or {} instead.>>

[1]: http://bugs.jquery.com/ticket/13350
[2]: http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.ajax/