[aerogear-dev] [Android] Android project structure for final

Kris Borchers kris at redhat.com
Fri Mar 1 07:40:33 EST 2013

On Mar 1, 2013, at 7:16 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Kris Borchers <kris at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> I'd also prefer to have the unit tests for each of the libs
>>> (aerogear-android + aerogear-android-support) being in there.
>>
>> I can see one reason to have the unit tests in a separate project. I assume both aerogear-android and aerogear-android-support would have pretty much identical tests since their functionality should
>> be the same, right? It would be a pain to have to maintain multiple sets of the same tests across projects.
>>>

> Not sure about the details, BUT... you misread.

I don't think I did.

> Unit tests belong to the library. I am -1000 on having a 'unit test'
> only broject.

Normally I would agree with this but what I'm saying is that this is a unique situation. These libraries will have the same functionality unless I'm misunderstanding the point of separating aerogear-android and aerogear-android-support. I'm mostly just pointing out the fact that these projects will likely have identical unit test suites so maintaining them will be a pain. That is all. If Summers and any other Android folks don't mind maintaining two identical test suites in different projects, fine by me.

> Integration tests are different, they _should_ be separated

Agree