[aerogear-dev] [Aerogear Pipeline] Support for nested endpoints

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 04:32:36 EDT 2013

Hi,
While I was playing with scaffolding and tried to build a simple Blog
Application with Aerogear I faced the current situation :
I have a *Post* object which contains many *Comment* objects. Now I want to
call my Post pipe to retrieve the related  comments, I have currently 2
options :
*
*
*/posts/1* -> assuming comments will be implicitly retrieved (eager loading)
*/comments/?postid=1*

But regarding our model the correct form should be :

*/posts/1/comments*
*
*
But, AFAIK,  with the current API, it is not possible to define this last
pattern  (at least for JS and iOs, confirmed by Matzew). When doing a *read
*we can pass an *id *option but as mentioned in the doc, this id will
always be append to the endpoint.

IMO, we should be able to support this pattern but for now I'm not really
sure how to specify this in our API, so if you have any ideas feedback this
thread has been made for you !

Seb