[aerogear-dev] {AG Controller - User Guide} A few questions

Daniel Bevenius daniel.bevenius at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 04:49:58 EDT 2013

====> Could I access this only via a JSON request (e.g. "curl -v -H
(http://......../cars/123) ?
One would need to specify the "Accept: application/json" header (not the
'Content-Type' header as it specified the content of the body being sent)
to tell the controller what type the data should be in the response. This
would not work via a browser as it would set an accept header of
"text/html". If one added JSP to the produces method it would work, as long
as a view also exists that is.

==> Can that be differentiated ? (e.g. path, query) Not sure Iunderstand
the above - perhaps an example helps?
Actually there is only a single way to specify a param for route endpoints.
We discussed having methods for different types, like pathParam,
headerParam, etc, but it was decided to go with a single param.

==> What happens with header "foo" and param "foo" ?
Good questions! In the current implementation the param "foo" would be the
only one used and the header param foo would simple be ignored. I'll create
a jira for this issue and look into it. Thanks!

==>1) Should we add a link to
http://aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-controller/org/jboss/aerogear/controller/router/rest/pagination/PaginationInfo.html
?
Certainly, no problems.

==>2) NOT needed (not now) - but perhaps a simple PaginationStrateg could
be shown (or a link to a test case that tests a custom PaginationStrategy)?
Yep, nps.

==>where would I typically be  implementing a CORS CDI Producer?
In your deployment that contains the Routes. Or do you perhaps mean when
would you typically implement one?

Thanks for the feedback!