[aerogear-dev] need help in starting with aerogear controller

Daniel Bevenius daniel.bevenius at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 05:33:23 EDT 2013

Hi Soumik,

it looks like the beans.xml is missing from you deployment:

jar xvf aerogearService.war
 inflated: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
  created: META-INF/
  created: META-INF/maven/
  created: META-INF/maven/aerogearService/
  created: META-INF/maven/aerogearService/aerogearService/
 inflated: META-INF/maven/aerogearService/aerogearService/pom.properties
 inflated: META-INF/maven/aerogearService/aerogearService/pom.xml
  created: WEB-INF/
  created: WEB-INF/classes/
  created: WEB-INF/classes/main/
  created: WEB-INF/classes/main/webapp/
  created: WEB-INF/classes/myPackage/
 inflated: WEB-INF/classes/myPackage/Cars.java
 inflated: WEB-INF/classes/myPackage/Home.java
 inflated: WEB-INF/classes/myPackage/Routes.java
 inflated: WEB-INF/classes/myPackage/package-info.java
 inflated: WEB-INF/classes/myPackage/Cars.class
 inflated: WEB-INF/classes/myPackage/Home.class
 inflated: WEB-INF/classes/myPackage/Routes.class
 inflated: WEB-INF/classes/myPackage/package-info.class
  created: WEB-INF/lib/
 inflated: WEB-INF/lib/aerogear-controller-1.0.0.CR1.jar
 inflated: WEB-INF/lib/jboss-logging-3.1.0.GA.jar
 inflated: WEB-INF/lib/jboss-logging-processor-1.0.0.Final.jar
 inflated: WEB-INF/lib/cglib-nodep-2.2.jar
 inflated: WEB-INF/lib/guava-10.0.jar
 inflated: WEB-INF/lib/jsr305-1.3.9.jar
 inflated: WEB-INF/lib/iogi-0.9.1.jar
 inflated: WEB-INF/lib/paranamer-2.2.jar
 inflated: WEB-INF/lib/mirror-1.5.1.jar
 inflated: WEB-INF/lib/jackson-mapper-asl-1.9.2.jar
 inflated: WEB-INF/lib/jackson-core-asl-1.9.2.jar
 inflated: WEB-INF/lib/mvel2-2.1.0.Final.jar

This will unfortunately cause your app do deploy without an error. We now
fixed this so that instead a deployment error will be raised informing
about this condition. Sorry about this.
Could you try adding a beans.xml to your WEB-INF directory, you can find an
example here
http://aerogear.org/docs/guides/aerogear-controller/installation.html

Regards,

/Daniel