[aerogear-dev] aeroGear.pipeline not working

soumik.basu soumik.basu at accenture.com
Tue Mar 19 09:08:09 EDT 2013

Hi team,
  I am using the jquery as javascript library for my app. I  just thought of
including aerogear Rest service call instead of Jquery ajax call, so was
trying out with a small sample code. But the request was not getting fired.
 I have deployed my sample Rest app as a separate project under a different
context. I can acces it from my browser as :
http://localhost:8080/JAX_RS_HelloWorld/helloworld.
  I am trying to access this from :
http://localhost:8080/html5Start/test1.html page.
I have written the code as:
var memberPipe  = AeroGear.Pipeline([{
		  	    name: "helloworld",
		  	    settings: {
		  	        baseURL: "JAX_RS_HelloWorld/"
		  	    }
		  	}  ]).pipes.members;
		  	alert(memberPipe);
/I am getting undefined from this alert/
   subs =	memberPipe.read();

		  	alert(subs);

so the script is failing here. Is it compulsory that I need to access this
Rest service from same context path as mentioned in the guide
"By default, the RESTful endpoint used by this pipe is the app's current
context, followed by the pipe name. For example, if the app is running on
http://mysite.com/myApp, then a pipe named `tasks` would use
http://mysite.com/myApp/tasks as its REST endpoint."...In that case what is
the way to change the base url to access the service from a different
context?

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Soumik