[aerogear-dev] REST API - First thoughts: (Re: [AG Unified Push] Overview and NATIVE Push spec)

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed Mar 20 07:43:41 EDT 2013

Here is the REST API for "Push App" (+mobile app) registrations:

https://gist.github.com/matzew/2da6fc349a4aaf629bce

Questions:

The post to "/applications/das231432qwdsa2/iOS" and/or
"/applications/das231432qwdsa2/android" are different (payload-wise)....

Not sure if that is best solution.... However, we need to differentiate
between different "mobile os variants" anyways....

My (CURRENT) feelings is that a different "endpoint" is better instead of
an ugly, large - but generic - API that does everything, and the server
figures out what type of mobile app has been registered ...

NEXT: Device Registrations + Sender Endpoints

(Followed by "management" (get, put, delete.....)

Greetings,
Matthias