[aerogear-dev] Android Guides

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Thu Mar 21 15:15:47 EDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 7:57 PM, Summers Pittman <supittma at redhat.com>wrote:

>  On 03/20/2013 04:44 AM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>
> Howdy,
>
>  great to see some docs/guides
>
>  Here are my first/initial comments:
>
>  1) Group them into a subfolder, like daniel did, for the controller
>
> +1
>

>  2) links to the matching JavaDocs (classes (e.g. PipeHandlert etc)) does
> not hurt
>
> +1
>

>  3) not sure about if the `AerogearAndroidCustomizingPipes.asciidoc` is
> really useful ...
>
> I disagree.  It may be titled wrong, but knowing how the Android library
> implements Pipes and how to extend this implementations for your own end is
> quite useful.
>
> At least that is the goal of the doc, what did you see differently?
>

>  "AerogearAndroidPagination"
> 4) You never show ParameterProvider...
>
> Because the default implementation of Parameter Provider just consumes
> data provided by the PageConsumer.  Explicitly setting it isn't necessary.
>
>  5) what is config.setDataRoot()
>
> The root of the data you want to operate on as explained in the Intro
> document and the API's.
>
> For example, in the DevNexus result set for speakers you have
>
> {
>     speakers :  {
>         data:[
>             {speaker1},
>             {speaker2}
>         ]
>     }
> }
>
> The "list" of data you are asking for actually starts at the data
> parameter of the speakers parameter.  config.setDataRoot("speakers.data");
> makes this explicit.

Hrm - interesting. I think that would be nice thing, generally;
I guess a bit more open discussions on "features" like that would be good.
(thinks: API/SPEC discussions)

Currently, I do not see why this would not be benefit for the JS or iOS
library. A heads up would have been a good idea, IMO

Or... perhaps I just missed it