[aerogear-dev] JS API Doc Updates

Kris Borchers kris at redhat.com
Tue Mar 26 10:33:01 EDT 2013

On Mar 26, 2013, at 9:26 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 1:54 PM, Kris Borchers <kris at redhat.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the review! Comments inline.
>
> On Mar 26, 2013, at 3:47 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org> wrote:
>

>> 1) On the left, there is a link to
>> http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-js/AeroGear.html
>> not sure if this page should be linked, from the left nav...
>> (since it's just a few (out of context?) functions/callbacks)
>
> On the left of what page?
>

> oh - on the right :) (the other left :-))

> Namespaces
> AeroGear

I think I prefer to leave that for now. I would have to hack it out of the nav generation. Let's see if it causes confusion before removing it.

>> 2) "var auth3 = AeroGear.Auth( [ "someAuth", "anotherAuth" ] );"
>>  => add some with settings?
>
> Already covered in Google doc.
>

>> 3) Not sure if it is clear _what_ is supported on the 'settings' (for Pipeline, DataManager, Auth)
>> For instance, here it's better described what this 'settings', there supports:
>> http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-js/AeroGear.Auth.adapters.Rest.html
>
> This is already addressed for Auth. Basically, those settings are determined by the adapter you're using so there is no way to specifically define them on Pipeline, DataManager or Auth. Auth says to refer to the adapter you are using for more details (though there is a typo). I will add that same sentence to the others.
>
> I did assume that some magic is going on - but being explicit in the doc does not hurt :)

Adding that missing sentence to the others is as explicit as this can get since the adapters is the only place these settings can be defined.

>> 4) match any example?
>> http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-js/AeroGear.DataManager.adapters.Memory.html
>
> Thanks! Will add.
>

>> 5) no filter here:
>> http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/specs/aerogear-js/AeroGear.DataManager.adapters.SessionLocal.html
>
> This is a tougher one. There is no code in the sessionLocal adapter for filter since that adapter inherits from Memory. The "Mixes In" section is supposed to imply that the methods
>
> :) I was imagine that - but would appreciate a concrete sencence - or at least a way to link to that; (on java doc there is an inherited functions section, with clickable links)

I am not seeing a similar construct. The only way I have found to get this to work is by adding unnecessary code which I will not do just for docs. Still looking but doubting there is a solution other than the "Mixes In" section on that page which is unfortunate. :/