[aerogear-dev] Web Push.... (was: Re: AeroGear Native Push Server (DRAFT 0.0.2))

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue Mar 26 15:16:03 EDT 2013

Hi,

for web based notifications, I thought about this interface:
https://github.com/matzew/ag-up-poc/blob/master/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/push/api/WebApplication.java

1)
The interface extends this
(https://github.com/matzew/ag-up-poc/blob/master/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/push/api/MobileApplication.java)
2)
in here the "instances" are (on native) all installed applications - I
think for WebApp that "instances" should be all "online / connected"
clients

Also.... the notifications are really more like 'you have mail'...

While systems like SockJS/WebSocket (and others) can send/receive
large messages - the notification is really a notify...
(current mindset)

-Matthias