[aerogear-dev] Replacing JQuery Ajax with Aerogear pipes

soumik.basu soumik.basu at accenture.com
Sat Mar 30 00:55:55 EDT 2013

Hi,
   I am trying to access my REST easy service from my html5 page. I tried to
access the  REST  url from JQuery AJAX and I can successfully do that and
get the data back in my html as given below:

$(document).ready(function(){
  $.ajax({
    type: "POST",
    url: "../JAX_RS_HelloWorld/helloworld",
    success: function(result){
      alert(result);
    }
  });

*Rest Service code :*
@Path("/helloworld")
@RequestScoped
@Stateful
public class RSHelloWorld {

        @GET
        @Produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_JSON)
        public String sayHello() {
                System.out.println("i got hit");
                return "Hello";
        }
}

 but I want to replace and use Aerogear pipes for this purpose.
I tried by following the example code and the document, as below:

*JS code:*
var memberPipe  = AeroGear.Pipeline([{
            name: "helloworld",
            settings: {
                baseURL: "/JAX_RS_HelloWorld/"
            }
        }  ]).pipes.helloworld;

alert(memberPipe);*// this alert is coming as [object object]*

  function getRestData(){
                        subs = memberPipe.read({
          success: function(data) {
          MemberStore.save( data );
                    alert("in function" + data);
                  },

                          error: function(jqXHR,textStatus,errorThrown){
                          alert("jq" + jqXHR);
                                          alert("err" + errorThrown); *//I
am getting a parsing error here*

                          alert("status" + textStatus);
  }
                });
                                       var testData = MemberStore.read();
                       alert("testData" + testData);
          }

Would appreciate your help, in replacing the Jquery ajax call with the
aerogear .

Regards
Soumik Basu