[aerogear-dev] [simplepush] Netty Subsystem

Daniel Bevenius daniel.bevenius at gmail.com
Tue May 14 04:08:40 EDT 2013

This thread will discuss our deployment strategy for the SimplePush Server
with AS7.x/WildFly.

A description of the goals of this subsystem and its usage can be found in
the readme:
https://github.com/danbev/netty-subsystem

As described in the readme, we want to have a way of running Netty based
servers, but have them managed by AS7.x/WildFly. What we mean is that
things like network interfaces, ports, thread factories, etc. should be
configurable and managed by the application server.
So, we are trying to find a user friendly way of doing this and at the same
time make sure we play nicely with the application server when it comes to
resources usage.
The current implementation far from ready, but we'd like to get feedback on
our approach sooner rather than later.

Let us know if you have any comments/suggestions!

/Dan