[aerogear-dev] Give them a good home

Kris Borchers kris at redhat.com
Mon May 20 16:14:33 EDT 2013

In our team meeting today, I brought up the question of whether or not the JavaScript clients for both SimplePush and Unified Push should live in folders under AeroGear.js or in their own repos. I would like to open this up to suggestions from the team. Please vote below.

SimplePush
Currently, this lives under AeroGear.js at https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-js/tree/Notifier/src/simple-push
IMO, this makes sense since it also has a hard dependency on Notifier which lives here https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-js/tree/Notifier/src/notifier
I would vote this remain where it is. Please vote whether or not this should remain in the AeroGear.js repo.

Unified Push
Currently, this lives under AeroGear.js at https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-js/tree/Notifier/src/unified-push
IMO, this is not necessary since it could be used independently from the rest of AeroGear. I would vote that this move to a separate repo. This would also mean that the client object's name would change since it is currently namespaced under AeroGear as AeroGear.UnifiedPushClient. I would suggest it be renamed to AGUnifiedPushClient and be added to a repo named aerogear/unified-push-js. Please vote for whether or not this should move and if it should, an object name and repo name.

Thanks!