[aerogear-dev] Give them a good home

Kris Borchers kris at redhat.com
Tue May 21 07:21:56 EDT 2013

On May 20, 2013, at 11:07 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 10:14 PM, Kris Borchers <kris at redhat.com> wrote:
> In our team meeting today, I brought up the question of whether or not the JavaScript clients for both SimplePush and Unified Push should live in folders under AeroGear.js or in their own repos. I would like to open this up to suggestions from the team. Please vote below.
>
> SimplePush
> Currently, this lives under AeroGear.js at https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-js/tree/Notifier/src/simple-push
> IMO, this makes sense since it also has a hard dependency on Notifier which lives here https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-js/tree/Notifier/src/notifier
> I would vote this remain where it is. Please vote whether or not this should remain in the AeroGear.js repo.
>

> I *think* it would be good to have a separated repo for it.
>
> So, folks that want to use the SimplePush, and only SimplePush, could just add the "AG-SimplePush.js" to their project
> (it could still have a dependency against Notifier, right?)

This would not make sense. This would mean instead of adding one file to their project, they would now need to add either a full or custom build of AeroGear with just Notifier first, then the SimplePush file. If it's in the same repo, then they can use our online custom build tool or use grunt themselves to build a custom version that just has SimplePush and Notifier if that's all they need.