[aerogear-dev] AG-PUSH Meeting - 20130521

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue May 21 10:55:00 EDT 2013

Dan, Kris and I met for some push "sync" and "planings"
<https://gist.github.com/matzew/3d2ed9f74ae0c4333671#simplepush>SimplePush<https://gist.github.com/matzew/3d2ed9f74ae0c4333671#server>
Server

   - ACK messages done;
   -

   Dan now working on *SockJS* port/work (we need to have it for Netty 4.x)
   -

   State of the Server: we have what their protocol
document<https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/SimplePush/Protocol> talks
   about; (however datastore currently -> in memory...)
   -

   We may need more..... (e.g. Dan now working on SockJS Netty Codec, to
   work in more browsers)

<https://gist.github.com/matzew/3d2ed9f74ae0c4333671#javascript-polyfill>JavaScript
Polyfill

   - library currently using the "Notifier Adapter" (based on pure
   WebSocket)
   -

   Kris will be writing a SockJS adapter, for Notifier
   - SimplePush Adapter, will extend the SockJS "Notifier" Adapter
   -

   State of the Server: we have what their usage
document<https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/SimplePush> talks
   about
   -

   We may need more..... (e.g. Kris now working on SockJS Client Adapter,
   to work in more browsers)

<https://gist.github.com/matzew/3d2ed9f74ae0c4333671#simplepush-next-steps>SimplePush:
Next steps

   - Get in touch with Moz, since we (may) need more than they showed in
   the DOC!
      - not now... Once SockJS (client/server) and better *WS-CLOSE* handling
      is being implemented
      - *GOAL:* use these items for further discussions, w/ Moz

<https://gist.github.com/matzew/3d2ed9f74ae0c4333671#pushee>PushEE

   - JMS integration, see:
   http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/aerogear-dev/2013-May/002469.html

<https://gist.github.com/matzew/3d2ed9f74ae0c4333671#admin--misc>ADMIN /