[aerogear-dev] Notifier … What's in a name?

Kris Borchers kris.borchers at gmail.com
Tue May 21 17:34:22 EDT 2013

Sorry, I have a thing for silly subject lines.

So as I am working on a SockJS adapter for Notifier, I have come to the realization that Notifier is not a good name. The part of AeroGear.js does more than notify but instead provides the ability to build adapters containing APIs for both a subscription or pub/sub style communication system (i.e. push notifications) as well as a more complex communication system using things like STOMP.

My first question is whether or not Notifier is trying to do to much and if so, should it broken into 2 pieces like Notifier and Messager/Messenger (or something named like that)? Or, should the whole thing remain as one and just be renamed.

Thoughts?