[aerogear-dev] Home page content rework

Kris Borchers kris at redhat.com
Fri May 24 13:40:18 EDT 2013

On May 24, 2013, at 11:09 AM, Hylke Bons <hbons at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm currently trying to wrap my head around a lot of AeroGear and JBoss
> technologies, so I spent some time rearranging/rewording things that
> weren't very clear to me on the aerogear.org home page. At first as an
> excercise to get a better understanding about AeroGear myself, but I
> think everybody will benefit from having easier to understand home page
> content.
>
> I've rearrange some parts to create a better flow without removing any
> of the current content. Here are the most important changes:
> - Stick to one paragraph per "topic"
> - Add action link below each paragraph to more resources
> - Add links to Wikipedia pages for certain acronyms, as not everybody
> may be familiar with all the acronyms used (even experienced developers)
> - Expand certain acronyms to their full meaning
>
> Let me know what you think needs improving/adding/removing (or please
> correct things that I got wrong), and if this could potentially be
> intergrated to the site.
>
> Feedback appreciated!
> Thanks,
>
> Hylke

> = Bring Mobile and Enterprise together! =
>
> *** AeroGear let's Android, iOS, and (hybrid) web apps talk to your
> JBoss Aplication Server. ***

We are not specific to any back end so we won't mention JBoss here.

> Get started with a library for your platform…

Is that line really necessary?

> [[---platform buttons here---]]
>
> == Why? ==

Again, is this necessary? What does it add? Both of those lines add more vertical scroll on mobile devices so I don't see the benefit, if any, outweighing that.

> === Unify mobile development ===
>
> AeroGear provides flexible and extensible libraries to simplify mobile
> development across platforms and cut common repetitive infrastructure
> tasks. Integrate with the most exotic of endpoints.
> [[ Get started >> ]]

Where would this link go? We have multiple paths for getting started, thus, the platform buttons at the top.

> === Simple API ===
>
> Talking to [[ RESTful ]] (1) backends couldn't be easier. We've
> abstracted all of the plumbing into a simple programmatic API for doing
> [[ CRUD ]] (2) operations and paginating large amounts of data.
> [[ Browse API documentation >> ]]

Which set of API docs? Each platform has their own, again, we have the buttons at the top.

> === Mobility and security, both ===
>
> Integrate with your existing enterprise environment. AeroGear provides
> Two-Factor Authentication and One-Time-Password features to improve your
> application's security.
> [[ Learn about AeroGear Security >> ]]
>
> === Easy server routing ===
>
> Define HTTP routes  with a simple Java Internal [[ Domain-Specific
> Language ]] (3). The perfect fit for client-heavy applications where you
> have very few entry points and delegate logic to the client tiers.
> [[ Learn about AeroGear Controller >> ]]

I will leave security and controller comments to Bruno and Dan. These changes would also probably require imagery changes as well.