[aerogear-dev] [Push Server] Admin UI

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue May 28 09:55:49 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 3:42 PM, Apostolos Emmanouilidis <
aemmanou at redhat.com> wrote:

> In my opinion, adding a UI to send notification message will make the
> Admin UI quite complex. If the users are able to send notification
> messages from the UI they should also be able to receive the feedback
> information from the Push Notification servers.

I agree, since I am also not a fan of sending messages from the UI. However
folks keep asking,
so I asked for that JIRA. this will, for sure, not be included in the first
release;

> For example Apple mentions that "APNs has a feedback service that
> maintains a per-application list of devices for which there were
> failed-delivery attempts (that is, APNs was unable to deliver a push
> notification to an application on a device). Periodically, the provider
> should connect with the feedback service to see what devices have
> persistent failures so that it can refrain from sending push
> notifications to them."

Not needed.

We have a ticket that we need a "scheduled" job to receive invalid from the
network(s), in order to perform the "tidy-up":
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-45

Even _if_ we would do the SEND from the UI, the job (AGPUSH-45) would still
be the only one, responsible for that "tidy-up".

No need to stick this "request feedback" into the UI