[aerogear-dev] Some questions about the Unified Push Server...

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed May 29 01:49:14 EDT 2013

Hello Hylke,

1) Admin user: This should be 'Developer', mentioned in the spec document
you are referring to (looks like a typo)
2) UnifiedPush Server: Yes, that gray thing is basically the UP Server
3) yes, backend does not need to run on the same machine.
--> The UP-server could be deployed in the cloud and backends (hosted
somewhere else), can access it. That's why the UP-server has HTTP
interfaces. So even a PHP application could send messages to it.

-Matthias