[aerogear-dev] [Unified Push Server] Roles structure & password management

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Tue Nov 5 13:27:46 EST 2013

Unless you guys are planning to change UPS server only, I can't see atm
how to add multiple roles without open new vulnerabilities like people
escalating privileges.

Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> yep - that endpoint would be never annotated w/ "simple";
Indeed, that's the reason why we currently support a single role.

> I think the problem if the annotation contains "incorrect" roles or
> not is not a problem on the UPS.
Sure, on the other hand have multiple roles is a requirement coming from
UPS, right? This change is not about UPS only, think about it.

> It's more an issue w/ the underlying security framework:
> E.g. how can I specify that someone with the role "simple" NEVER is
> able to (deep in the stack) can call entityManger.delete();
Not annotating the method with that role, as we already do.

--
abstractj