[aerogear-dev] AeroGear freezing and release dates

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Tue Nov 19 10:15:45 EST 2013

On Tue 19 Nov 2013 10:03:13 AM EST, Bruno Oliveira wrote:

> Good morning peeps, yesterday we had a discussion about the freezing
> dates and the release
> (http://transcripts.jboss.org/meeting/irc.freenode.org/aerogear/2013/aerogear.2013-11-18-14.55.html).
> From my point of view we should avoid anything new to our project at
> this moment, but only improve the gaps, test and review the
> documentation. I would like to suggest to merge/review the following
> PRs on the next release, not now.
>
> - AeroGear JS: https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-js/pull/58 and
> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-js/pull/72
>
> - AeroGear Android:
> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android/pull/123,
> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android/pull/122,
> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android/pull/120 and
> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android/pull/101
>
> - AeroGear iOS: we identified some issues discussed here
> (http://transcripts.jboss.org/meeting/irc.freenode.org/aerogear/2013/aerogear.2013-11-19-13.21.html)
> but my suggestion is to avoid at maximum huge changes.
>
> What do you think?
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android/pull/123,
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android/pull/122,

  * https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android/pull/101
    This should probably be closed, I don't think we ever reached a
conclusion on it before Yavuz went home.

  * https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android/pull/120
     I'm conflicted about this on.  On the one hand it is a pretty
annoying bug.  On the other hand the PR still needs a test so we don't
unfix it by accident.

   * https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android/pull/122
     I think we should try to get this in.  It doesn't change any code
but it adds the an AAR artifact which we've been wanting to mark as
experimental for some time.

   * https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-android/pull/123
    The big kahuna.  I like this and think we should try to merge it,
but I agree with abstractj that we should not rush the review process.
The APIs have had a lot of review (and made it into iOS) but the code
itself has only been a PR for 4 days (three of those days were holidays
or weekend).

    If we bump this, I would like to release it in a 1.3.1 instead of
having to wait for the full blown 1.4.0 (which we only have a vague idea
of what we want).