[aerogear-dev] iOS Crypto findings II

Corinne Krych corinnekrych at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 06:42:00 EDT 2013

Hello All,

With Christos we sit down to see remaining tasks/questions to achieve symmetric encryption.
See team agenda:
http://oksoclap.com/p/iOS_Security_Meeting.16.10.03

Here is the output:

- We created initial unit test for encryption/decryption

- Password derivation is done.

- Random generation helper done. Refactor of AGRandomGenerator. Split into different classes. Christos on it.

- Corinne created an initial encryptionimplementation using block encryption see
https://github.com/cvasilak/aerogear-crypto-ios/blob/master/crypto-sdk/AGCryptoBox.m#L115
We would like to move to stream encryption using CCCryptorUpdate. Christos on the case. Work in Pogress.

- Encryption/Decryption could be a coslty operation we would like to do async work on different thread (dispatch_async->cipher->dispatch_main_queue )
Corinne to look at it.
=> impact on API, we would like to go forward with "encrypt:success:failure" async versions to avoid developer to use e.g.

- Question: where do we want to store random IV, encryption key (or just salt) used for encryption and neeeded to decrypt?

- What do we want for a demo?
Corinne to start a separate demo thread on ML: as the demo should be shared across JS/Android/iOS/cordova

++
Corinne