[aerogear-dev] Github History

Kris Borchers kris at redhat.com
Thu Oct 17 09:55:31 EDT 2013

I just wanted to point something out that Matthias and I found this morning. Apparently, when you rename a folder in your repo, the history view for that file gets fragmented. If you go into the blame for that file, you can still see all of the last commits for each line and from there you can view the file history before the structure change. I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware so that contributors don't think we are removing their commits or doing anything else shady like that because on the surface it looks bad without a bit of digging. I feel like we are very careful with maintaining history and credit for work so just wanted to point this out.