[aerogear-dev] iOS Crypto questions

Christos Vasilakis cvasilak at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 08:28:11 EDT 2013

Hi,

during the ongoing work of adding symmetric crypto interface in iOS[1] we came up with two issues:

- we noticed that in the Java impl of the ‘encrypt’ method[2]  the IV is passed as a parameter.  Not sure but is this done for a reason? Can’t this be passed as a parameter in the constructor and simplify the invoke of just ‘encrypt:data’ ?

- the ‘validate’ method[3] in Pbkdf2 class is used from what we have seen mostly in tests, is there a reason from being part in the class signature?

Thanks,
Christos

[1] https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-crypto-ios/pull/1
[2] https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-crypto-java/blob/master/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/crypto/CryptoBox.java#L106