[aerogear-dev] Grand RoadMap Updates

Daniel Bevenius daniel.bevenius at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 01:30:04 EDT 2013

>Think "Apache Camel & friends"
Are we still talking about a "Mobil Gateway" [1] and to have a "no code"
solution for developers to use?

I've been looking at this previously, and I'm having a hard time to
understand who would really use something like this for anything except a
simple demo. It would be a different matter if we were going to provided
BaaS (Backend as a Service) as we would have more control of the backend
and could add features in a reliable way (paging, security etc). If our
Mobil Gateway is simply acting as a intercepting proxy it would be more
complicated to add such features, and this added complexity might introduce
other issue with regard to connectivity and performance.

If our goal is to enable enterprise services to be exposed to mobile
devices then I think the simplest option for me would be to add a RESTFul
interface to those services. This can already be done with Camel,
SwitchYard, Vert.x, or by using RestEasy. I would think that a developer
tasked with this would want to follow "normal" development practises, using
standard development tools, testing, deployment model etc,  and not use a
web interface perform these task. We could provide all that via the GUI,
but my guess would be that developers would choose the standard way just
the same.

[1] https://gist.github.com/danbev/717759ef7a445c626f25