[aerogear-dev] Java Sender API - fire&forget - adding callback methods?

Karel Piwko kpiwko at redhat.com
Tue Sep 17 11:17:10 EDT 2013

Hi,

I went once again through
http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/aerogear-dev/2013-June/002901.html - which
says that Sender API should be fire&forget. It feels more like "maybe
fire"&forget, for instance it does not say that your credentials were wrong - or
it says, you need parse logs to get that information.

If I think about Android, iOS, JS solutions to communicate with
UnifiedPush we provide - Pipes - they always provide a callback to be executed
on success/failure. Could we add callback to Sender API? Or should not Aerogear
rather have something like Pipes abstraction for Java developers instead of
pretty dumb Sender API?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Karel