[aerogear-dev] One Time Password Cordova

Erik Jan de Wit edewit at redhat.com
Tue Sep 24 08:59:11 EDT 2013

Hi

Is it really a problem that the secret could be extracted from the phone if you root it? I've just checked but the google authenticator app on my android also doesn't encrypt the secret and puts it into a sqllite database. An attacker would still need to know your username and password and you could generate a new secret or invalidate the old one once your phone has been stolen.

On 24 Sep,2013, at 14:50 , Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org> wrote:

> You are correct my friend.
>
> @Erik for now I would say, move forward with the plan and let's make use
> of AGSec 1.3.0 in the future, we will address this issue providing
> interfaces for encryption
> (http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/planning/roadmaps/AeroGearSecurity/)

Yeah if we have a good way to encrypt it why not use it…

> A second option would be: do not store the shared secret and let the
> developers choose how they want to store it providing their own
> encryption. Sorry I'm for my dumb-ish on Cordova, not sure if that's
> possible.

Yes that is possible right now.