[aerogear-dev] How to propagate results for non Travis CI?

Douglas Campos qmx at qmx.me
Tue Sep 24 11:31:20 EDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 04:19:10PM +0200, Karel Piwko wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> QE needs to setup jobs that would allow us to test more than what's
> available in Travis - Ubuntu hosts are pretty limiting plus they contains
> OpenJDK related bugs [1][2].
>
> The problem is that only instance we have access to is behind VPN, so it might
> be complicated/impossible to read the results/get better feedback.
>
> Following questions needs to be answered, some suggestions included in []:
>
> * Where to put result logs? [http://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/]

This might be a good place, since it's already set up.

> * How to notify and who to notify? [email|push messages ;-)|some specific
>   ML|commiter only]

We can always create a build status mailing list and funnel everything
there.

> ** IRC is unfortunately a no-go here

boo :(

> * When to notify? [failure only|unstable|always]

Failure only

> * How often to run tests? [nightly|per commit]

This really boils down to what kind of tests are being run, and how busy
is the build-slave queue.

> * How to enable developers to easily rerun something? [email|irc]

irc would be easier, email safer?

> * Something else?

how crowded is this env? do we have OSX slaves on it?

--
qmx