[aerogear-dev] Basic and Digest Auth

Kris Borchers kris at redhat.com
Thu Sep 26 11:34:41 EDT 2013

Hey all,

We are considering closing https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGJS-18 and https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGJS-23. After research and prototyping, I learned that we don't have access to the headers we need to be able to handle these auth methods via JS. Making AJAX requests to endpoints protected by BASIC or DIGEST should still pop the browsers built in handling for auth. That will be a PITA for a user to have to deal with that but it's the world of browser security.

Any thoughts or votes for or against closing these tickets?