[aerogear-dev] AeroGear.js without jQuery Discussion

Lucas Holmquist lholmqui at redhat.com
Tue Apr 1 20:08:48 EDT 2014

On Apr 1, 2014, at 5:05 PM, Lukáš Fryč <lukas.fryc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm all for using promises that actually make sense,
> but have you considered consistency?
>
> Are you suggesting some modules will return jQuery.Deferred while others will use ES6 promises?

i re read what i wrote and i think i wrote it very confusingly(?), not sure that is a word,  but i'm going with it

I would like to start with the UnifiedPushClient and remove the jQuery dependency from that.  It would then return an ES6 promise instead, or you can still use callbacks.

i think this might be ok for a next release, 1.5.0, since the api is labeled experimental.

For datamanager,  2 out of the 4 adapters are labeled experimental, so we would not change the promises return type until 2.0

what i previously wrote sounded like i wanted to change 2 data manager adapters while keeping the other 2 the same.

> I would vote for all or nothing. ;-)
>

> What about allow a developer to override what promise will be returned?
> We can pass all promises through singleton (that can be overwritten/plugged-in by the developer),
> and that will decide what promise to return.

This could be interesting,  but i would like to keep things simple first