[aerogear-dev] Push server...master secrets, secrets and some refactoring proposal

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed Apr 16 14:09:52 EDT 2014

Not read the thread - will do next week (traveling atm)

But one thing I noticed

On Wednesday, April 16, 2014, Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org> wrote:

> Ahoy, answers inline
>

> > And second question, I know Security is not often a good mate with UX
> but ,
> > the console will never show the master/variant secret anymore ?
>
> Also correct. There is nothing set in stone, is just a proposal, because
> atm anyone with read access do the database could impersonate push
> applications.

I think we would need to continue having IDs/secrets visible on the UI

IMO It's very hard to use Push server, w/o that information; again I didnt
read the entire thread yet

Perhsps, we could hide the key (***************) for read-only users; but I
think the overall concern is having them in the DB. My guess is that we
need to have them being stored on the DB

-Matthias

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile