[aerogear-dev] Push server...master secrets, secrets and some refactoring proposal

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 02:50:22 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 9:29 PM, Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org> wrote:

> We can discuss on the next week, but even if you define at the
> application level "read only" users. People still can read from the
> database.
>
> I'm trying to understand why they need to have the master secret
> displayed into the web page. At first glance, it sounds like the same
> effect of displaying their passwords at admin.

I compare these secrets with the API keys that Google provides for its
services. When you go on their Cloud Console , you can check your API key
along with the project number.

For sure, it's for convenience but imagine someone (or a team)) having 100
apps, we delegate to them the managing of these keys. But again let's
discuss that next week.