[aerogear-dev] UPS Admin Console - migration to AngularJS

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 13:39:46 EDT 2014

Hi all,

As you might know, it has been decided to migrate from Ember/TopCoat to
AngularJS/Bootsrap/Patterngly for the UPS Admin Console.

Hylke is currently working on HTML/CSS mockups, and in the mean time, I
started to preparation work for the AngularJS migration.

Before I go on PTO, I would like to share that with you ;)

In this branch :

https://github.com/sebastienblanc/aerogear-unified-push-server/tree/angular

I have created a new folder "newadmin" containing an pretty empty Angular
project. I kept the old "admin" to make the migration easier but in the end
of course, the "newadmin" will be merged with the old one.

There is not too much in it but enough to start the migration. It's a
layout generated by yeoman for AngularJS.
I've adapted the Grunt file the same way Luke did for the old console,
meaning that you can point to your deployed WAR and having you changes
reloaded live. That make the development a way easier.

Don't forget to do a "bower install" and "npm install" before doing "grunt
server" , the first time you run it the script will break and you will have
to fill in the generated "localConfig.json" file (to point to your
Wildfly/jboss UPS deployed WAR).

I've just created one Angular Service to do the CRUD operations on
Applications and Variants.

There is also one controller "MainCtrl" which retrieves the list of
Applications and shows them in a table on the view. => That is just to show
how the flow should go and help going further.

Because we are also migrating to KeyCloak , I did not put any effort into
the Login interaction. Therefore when the apps load,  it logs in
automatically. Be sure to set the right password in "app.js" and also the
app expects to have a password that is already "confirmed". If you are
using a fresh DB, please do the "first login + reset + confirm" dance with
curls.

So, I have this will help for starting with the migration.

See you later !

Sebi