[aerogear-dev] Proxy settings questions

A577127 antoine.matyja at worldline.com
Fri Apr 25 09:11:49 EDT 2014

Hello,

I'm intending to implement the proxy settings for the UPS. However it's not
really clear to me how different type of proxies work and what are the
different possible configurations.

I looked at these mockups :
https://issues.jboss.org/secure/attachment/12380178/proxy-config.png

And from what I saw, it looks like you only have one global proxy to set.
Should it be possible to configure several proxies (like a HTTP proxy for
GCM/SimplePush and a SOCKS proxy for APNS) ?

At the company I work for, they only have an HTTP proxy. Sending push
notifications to the APNS is still possible thanks to a socket tunnel (which
is already implemented in java-apns library by the way). But I guess some
companies have also a SOCKS proxy.

Moreover, since push notification only use HTTP(S) requests and TLS socket,
how could a FTP proxy be used ?

If you could clarify these points, that would help me a lot.

Thanks,