[aerogear-dev] Problems sending notifications Cordova

keithdmoore94 keith at kdmooreconsulting.com
Sat Apr 26 17:24:26 EDT 2014

See comments below:

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 7:30 AM, keithdmoore94 <[hidden email]> wrote:
I started seeing issues on Friday.  For devices that had previously
registered, my push notifications were being received.  However, when I
started changing the alias on those devices, they no longer received push
notifications.

But the 'new' alias shows up on the installations overview, per variant,
right ?

>>> Correct, the new alias shows up under the variant

I am running aerogear-push 0.9 on OpenShift.  I restarted
the server but the problem still exists.  I noticed that I don't have a
keystore file.  I am using the curl method for sending push notifications on
the command line from a mac.  I guess I will do what I know one of you is
going to suggest and that is to upgrade.

My suggestion would be not an upgrade, but I'd try to do an actual reboot of
the machine (via the openshift console)

>>> I tried this and didn't see any difference in behavior.  I would like to
>>> point out that with the logging level on debug, I did see where the
>>> google library was posting to google cloud messaging.  So it looks like
>>> it is being sent out.  Maybe they are blocking aerogear or open shift
>>> posts ?

 I just wanted to let you guys know
that it might not be your code.  It might be an OpenShift issue, who knows.
I don't have any error messages in the log.  I even set the logging level to
debug and still didnt get any more useful messages.  I just see info
messages relating the a client registering and a message when I send the
push notification.

That is weird, especially that there are no exceptions. I need to improve
the logging there (e.g. sending to n devices)

>> I did see a fair amount of logging in debug mode.  The logging may be
>> just fine.  Seems as though google got the request but didn't send out
>> the notification from some reason.

I have both iOS and android devices.  I made sure to send the push
notification to just a single android device as well as a seperate push
notification to send to an iOS device.  Both devices had different aliases.

Thanks for the detailed email, Keith !