[aerogear-dev] Preparation: UnifiedPush Server 1.0.0.Beta2 (was: Re: [UnifiedPush Server] release timelines)

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed Aug 6 11:07:28 EDT 2014

Hi team,

now that keycloak-beta4 was released, we have an updated PR from abstractj
to use that version ([1]), combined w/ an upcoming release of our parent
(to leverage the kc-beta4 JARs), see [2].

At the moment we have a few open PRs:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/pulls

Please review, but DO NOT merge them! Why? The KC PR goes in first,
afterwards I will merge the other items, based on review feedback.

By tomorrow that all should be done (read: merged) and there will be a
staged repo for tests (and openshift updates), watch out for the email!

As mentioned on IRC, the nominees for the testing, are:
* sblanc, cvasilak, dbevenius, lholmquist, lfryc and abstractj

Besides testing the UPS staging repo, please test our quickstarts
(including their client SDKs) as well:
* https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-push-helloworld
* https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-push-quickstarts

(use the master branch - there will be a .Beta2 TAG, if all goes well there)

Last but not least, please 'test' the documentation as well. For instance
the new UPS guide:
http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/ups_userguide/

or other items of the new 'UPS doc center' :-)
http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush

Hopefully, by Wednesday we have an awesome 1.0.0.Beta2  and shortly after
that we can go to CODE_FREEZE for the 1.0.0.Final

Any thoughts ?

-Matthias

PS: others, besides the nominated folks, are welcome to test the things as
well :)

-Matthias

[1] http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/aerogear-dev/2014-August/008658.html
[2] http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/aerogear-dev/2014-August/008672.html