[aerogear-dev] Use of Differential Synchronization for data sync

Daniel Bevenius daniel.bevenius at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 06:40:46 EDT 2014

>Has someone already looked at techniques that involve the client asking
for which documents (satisfying some criteria defined by the subscription)
>have changed since the time the client last connected, and then as needed
having the client ask for the latest version of some/all of those documents
>(or parts of those documents)?
Not that I'm aware of, at least I have not.

The need for a client to ask for which document have changed did not really
come up with the current demo using DS. The way this demo works is that
there are multiple clients that edit a document identified with an
documentId. The first client that connects adds the document, the following
new clients will get the latest version that is on the server. For client
that are reconnecting after being offline they will get patched with the
edits to bring it up to date. Regarding how efficient this is that is
probably is not :) The goals is mainly to try things out and see if would
work out in real life.