[aerogear-dev] Call for arms -> Unified Push 1.0.0.Beta2 release bundle

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Fri Aug 8 09:11:37 EDT 2014

Hi team,

now that we have votes for the UPS and the java-sender (see [1] and [2]),
I'd like to start testing the release bundle.

As mentioned on IRC, the nominees for the testing, are:
* sblanc, cvasilak, dbevenius, lholmquist, lfryc and abstractj

Besides testing the UPS and sender staging repos, please test our
quickstarts as well:
1) https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-push-helloworld/releases/latest
(1.0.0.Beta2 tag)
2) https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-push-quickstarts

Regarding 2), please use the master branch, for now. There will be a .Beta2
tag as well, once the open PRs are merged (and reviewed)

Last but not least, please 'test' (review) the documentation as well, like
our guide on the UnifiedPush Server:
http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/ups_userguide/

BTW. there is more doc on the new 'UPS doc center' :-)
http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush

Hopefully, by Wednesday we have an awesome 1.0.0.Beta2  and shortly after
that we can go to CODE_FREEZE for the 1.0.0.Final

Any thoughts ?

-Matthias

PS: besides the nominated folks, others are welcome to test the things as
well :)

-Matthias

[1] http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/aerogear-dev/2014-August/008710.html
[2] http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/aerogear-dev/2014-August/008706.html