[aerogear-dev] Docker images for the Push quickstarts

Christos Vasilakis cvasilak at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 02:25:23 EDT 2014

nice work Bruno!

some comments inline

On Aug 15, 2014, at 2:26 AM, Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org> wrote:

> Good morning, answers inline.
>
> On 2014-08-14, Daniel Bevenius wrote:
>> This is really great and thanks working on this Bruno!
>>
>> Trying this out and I have a few questions.
>> The server applications that are deployed are UPS and the
>> jboss-mobile-contacts-picketlink-secured as far as I can tell.
>
> You are correct Dan, I also added
> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-push-quickstarts/tree/master/client/contacts-mobile-webapp.

> After the feedback from Passos.
>
>> The configuration requires the configuration of the UnifiedPush server URL
>> but this will only be used on this server by the
>> jboss-mobile-contacts-picketlink-secured app. In the configuration we also
>> have to specify the application id and the master secret which would not
>> have been created yet as this is a fresh UPS installation. Or am I missing
>> something here perhaps?
>
> Maybe the workflow is not the best here and I'm accepting suggestions.
> Basically this is what I had in mind (and can be wrong)
>
> 1. Start the server which already has UPS inside

Not sure if its possible and can be wrong..  but  after this step, can _we_ pre-create the ‘Contacts’ application (only the app NOT the variants),  gather the config details from the response (app_id, secret)

> 2. Run the configuration scripts for the quick starts

setup the config.json from the previous step

> 3. Deploy it

The user is left now only to login to UPS and setup his preferred variant (iOS/Android/SP) and then copy the variant_id/secret to his preferred native quick start client.  The contacts-web-app is ready to use also.

wdyth?

-
Christos