[aerogear-dev] Beta2 of the UnifiedPush Server 1.0.0 released

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Fri Aug 15 06:06:15 EDT 2014

Good morning folks!

Today we are announcing the second beta release of our 1.0.0 version. This
release contains several improvements

   - WildFly 8.x support
   - PostgreSQL fix
   - Scheduler component for deleting analytics older than 30 days
   - Improvements on the AdminUI
   - Documentation

The complete list of included items are avialble on our JIRA instance
<https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH/fixforversion/12325092>

With the release of the server we also released new versions of the senders
for Java <https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-java-client> and
Node.js <https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-nodejs-client>!
<https://gist.github.com/matzew/9f360fcf680131250d0d#docker>Docker

The team is extremely excited about the work that Bruno Oliveira
<https://twitter.com/abstractj> did on our new Docker images:

   - UnifiedPush Server for WildFly
   <https://github.com/abstractj/docker/tree/master/aerogear/wildfly/unifiedpush-wildfly>
   - UnifiedPush Server for AS7
   <https://github.com/abstractj/docker/tree/master/aerogear/as7/unifiedpush-as7>

*Check them out!*
<https://gist.github.com/matzew/9f360fcf680131250d0d#documentation>
Documentation

As mentioned above, the documentation for the UnifiedPush Server has been
reorganized <http://aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/>, including an all new
guide on how to use the UnifiedPush Server
<http://aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/ups_userguide/>.
<https://gist.github.com/matzew/9f360fcf680131250d0d#demos>Demos

To get easily started using the UnifiedPush Server we have a bunch of
demos, supporting various client platforms:

   - Android
   - Apache Cordova (with jQuery and Angular/Ionic)
   - iOS

The simple HelloWorld examples are located here
<https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-push-helloworld/releases/latest>.
Some more advanced examples, including a Picketlink secured JAX-RS
application, as well as a Fabric8 based Proxy, are available here
<https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-push-quickstarts/releases/latest>.
<https://gist.github.com/matzew/9f360fcf680131250d0d#docker-1>Docker

For you convenience, there are Docker images for the Quickstart as well:

   - WildFly
   <https://github.com/abstractj/docker/tree/master/aerogear/wildfly/push-quickstarts-wildfly-dev>
   - AS7
   <https://github.com/abstractj/docker/tree/master/aerogear/as7/push-quickstarts-as7-dev>

<https://gist.github.com/matzew/9f360fcf680131250d0d#feedback>Feedback

We hope you enjoy the bits and we do appreciate your feedback! Swing by on
our mailing list! We are looking forward to hear from you!

NOTE: the Openshift online offering will be updated w/in the next day or two

Enjoy!