[aerogear-dev] WebPush - register/create-channel

Daniel Bevenius daniel.bevenius at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 02:40:32 EST 2014

>Not sure I get why that is not created on default. When I am not doing the
create-channel, an 'application' (e.g. curl or UPS) has no location to send
a >payload for the device, right?
My understanding is that the device registers not the application, which
for example could be a web browser/user agent. It will then create channels
for potentially multiple applications. In the case of usage with the
Push-API, a service worker would handle the interaction with the WebPush
server and hand out channels to applications. It would also be responsible
for handling the inbound notifications, and can take different actions
depending on the state of the webapp (post it to an open window, store it,
show notification).

>Can a device have multiple monitoring channels? (e.g. channels per topic,
like #Rihanna #ZZtop #ACDC ? Can a device 'un monitor' ?
I think that an application would create separate channels for topic it
requires.
Not sure about unmonitoring. I've not see anything about that (unless I
completely missed it)